- Is CTP the same in each county?
- How much does CTP cost an offender?
- How do offenders sign up for CTP?
- Does the client need to own the house where they will serve Home Detention time?
- Does everyone qualify for home detention?
- Can I move to a new house while on home detention?
- What can I drop off for a loved one in the work release facility?
- Can clients have cash on them or is there a way to put money on their account?
- Can clients drive their own vehicle to and from the facility?
- What is the average length of stay for clients?
- Does the facility house men and women?
Sharon McBride, Center’s Executive Director, was invited to be the guest speaker for a discussion of the book, "Just Mercy" by Bryan Stevenson. The book follows the work of its author as he seeks to address what he describes as victimization and inequality within the criminal justice system. The author, Bryan Stevenson, founded the Equal Justice Initiative. This Alabama based nonprofit organization provides legal services to people sentenced to death or life without parole. This book was made into a major motion picture in 2019 starring Michael B. Jordan and Jamie Foxx. Director McBride will be discussing justice, rehabilitation and redemption relates to the work being done by the Community Corrections program in St. Joseph County. Director McBride will be joined by Alicia Brown-Wells, Director of Public Relations for Allendale Treatment and Fort Wayne Recovery and Executive Director of Recover Michiana Fest which is an annual festival celebrating recovery.
This event was held on April 13, at the Centre Branch of the St. Joseph County Library which is located at 1150 E. Kern Rd. South Bend, IN.